Monday, November 29, 2010

On to the next one

Fabulous Friends,
Over the Holidays a few things caught my eye.  First, I do not think i witnessed ONE turtleneck! LOVE IT!  Yes they can help with warmth but then again what is so attractive about someone who looks like they are in a neck brace? So in the spirit of the Holidays, and of fashion, I vow to not wear one single turtle neck this year.  I am all about the bulky sweaters.  Sweater dresses, cropped sweaters, and off the shoulder sweaters are my must have this winter in my book.
ew.



Secondly, sparkly nails.  Yes, I am going back to Elementary school on this one.  The sparkly nail polish that i would receive in my party favor bag is coming back.  Sparkly nail polish is so fun and not just for girls 13 and under anymore.  Not to mention it is so easy to put on.  You just have to glop it on and not have to worry so much about staying in the lines.  Katy Perry, for once, was right with this cute trend.  It stands out and gives anything your wearing attitude.  BUT, not appropriate for work.  It is unprofessional so make sure to remove it before hand!



Lastly, as i was flipping through the pages of Vogue and Elle magazine during football game commercial breaks (Yes its true, fashionistas can love sports too!) I kept seeing girls in over the knee socks! SO FRICKIN' CUTE! So i took it upon myself to break the norm and try it out over the weekend.  They were a hit and made my outfit look STELLAR! It looked cute,trendy and not skanky at all.  Now i am not talking about the playboy, stripe on the side sport socks.  I am talking cozy Urban Outfitters over the knee SOCKS.  They were comfy and fit appropriately with the season.  If worn right, they can definatly be a hit.  With a skirt, dress shorts, or even over sheer tights!

socks with dress? I think yes.
love how you can barely tell the socks are there!

super cute.



Stay fabulous! ;)